Monday, December 31, 2007

Editorial: Personal Commentary (Includes Wiki Wk1)

First, let me clarify that the "Wisdom of Three" is a somewhat group effort of myself and my two oldest children to learn the subjects included within the KRL2pt0 program. I say somewhat because their participation depends on their interest in the subject of the week. However, it does guarantee Mom computer time on the laptop. I am also enjoying how the three of us see the uses or discover how some of it works using different ideas.

I am also finding out that I am not the best self learner on the Internet. I am very leery of the Internet. I am sure this is, in part, due to the fact that I have children. Signing up for so many accounts worried me a bit. However, I will give Bob and the Krl2pt0 Team making what accounts we need to sign up for very easy and they really did not create as much stress as I thought. I also appreciated that the learning made it optional for signing up for the account requesting more information that some were willing to give. Thank you! I would like to add an additional kudo to Bob for his one-on-one or group classes for the additional instruction in support of the krl2pt0 website.

Having said that, the phrase "You don't know what you don't know" keeps coming to mind. In part, I am thrilled to learn knew skills but now I do feel some pressure that I should be incorporating these more into my work environment. This is going to take some time.

Finally, Wiki-Week1. I admit that I am looking forwarding to trying out the editing features of a Wiki. They didn't name a highway in Hawaii Wiki Wiki Hwy for nothing. I can see where information can be change so fast with anyone (public Wiki) having the ability to edit. I am hoping that this is where we find the uses of tags and feeds to be useful tools, as well.

Well, even though blogging is not my best thing, I blog here that I am looking forward to the next step.

No comments: